I have friends who kind of have that attitude, where they openly talk about how 'female characters tend to annoy me'. They don't hate ALL female characters, but they defnitely have double standards and they pretty much know it, and then they LAUGH about it and it really grates on my nerves but I don't know what to say to them :/
I’m sorry to hear that, having to deal with someone’s double standards isn’t actually what you’d want to go through every day. >_> I actually overheard a conversation about this topic in school some time ago and interestingly but also quite accurately (well, at least in my opinion) it ended up a conclusion that it’s quite often the cultural differences which make some characters appear somewhat annoying (for example, what it comes to the conception of cute, etc.). When I was in Japan, I actually had to explain those things to my confused parents, so it might have some truth behind it.
Of course there’s more to it, and if someone just hates a character, I don’t really give a damn because it’s not like it’d really be me my business (even though I usually want to know the reason just because I’m curious like that and if I know the person is willing to discuss about this kind of things). But I don’t really see the point of being so prejudiced against, well, anything because of a gender in general - which seems to happen especially to female characters with more feminine traits. But it’s not like all of them would be badly written AND besides, for every sloppy female, there’s always a just as bad male if you ask me.
Tein kandidaatin opinnäytettäni varten kyselyn, jossa pyrin selvittämään Suomen cosplay-harrastajien keski-iän ja sukupuolijakauman. Tarvitsisin kyselyyn ainakin 100 vastaajaa, mutta aivan huippua olisi, jos vastaajia löytyisi enemmänkin.
28. What type of music do you like? I don’t have any specific genre I prefer the most, I literally listen to everything from Mozart to pony remixes, to put it bluntly. As long as it sounds good to me, it’s welcome to my playlist! :D …Which, now that I look at it, seems to include quite a lot of EDM, tho.
84. What color is your hair? I don’t really know what I should call it?? Something… very light ash brown blonde thing. I might post a new selfie some day
71. What makes you nervous? WHAT DOESN’T MAKE ME NERVOUS I would really like to know. But seriously, what makes me really uncomfortable is to know that I might to have made someone else uncomfortable but I’m not sure and usually too scared to ask. And I really, really hate and try to avoid embarrassing moments (I’m the kind of person who will literally lose their sleep because of an awkward typo).
7. Do you have any pets? I do! Unfortunately we haven’t got to see each other so often ever since I moved to hundreds of kilometers away from my home ;; I MISS HER SO MUCH here have a picture:
6. What’s your lucky number? I actually have many, like 5, 7 and 25. I don’t even know why because they’ve never been that useful but if I ever have to pick a number it’s possibly one of those.
25. What color socks are you wearing? Black with red stripes (my mom made these for me ;v;)
31. What position do you usually sleep in? I usually sleep on my side, but sometimes on my back, too. Nevertheless, I’m usually crushing my phone or glasses and it’s an everlasting mystery how those always end up under my body.
48. Can you curl your tongue? Yup!
65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen? UHHHHhh I don’t watch movies that much, sorry! ;;
81. Can you roll your Rs?” I CAN’T and I find really difficult to not be embarrassed about it because in my native language you can’t really avoid noticing the lack of that skill. Of course it has never bothered me if someone else can’t pronounce it but uuhhg
Hi, I’m Jade, I’m an 18 year old trans girl living in the UK who recently came out to my parents by mistake. This was a bad move, as now they cannot trust me in the slightest. They have searched through my stuff, broken into locked boxes, and constantly guilted me in an attempt…
Aah sorry for this creepy message, but I'm just so happy. I have been following you like forever and now that you have gained this much attention I have to say your reactions makes me smile so hard you totally deserve them. I'm proud
I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU ARE A VERY BEAUTIFUL PERSON
In a small amount of time, I have gained so many new followers I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE FRICK FRACK DIDDILY DACK AND SO ON IS GOING ONI just hope I haven’t done anything stupid but I just wanted to welcome you all (senpai or not, you have been noticed)! ヾ(＠゜▽゜＠;;) yea hi I’m Jen and I’m bad at this I mean how do you communicate with your followers because that would be nice to know;; Anyway, there’s more under the cut, like life updates and such.